Welcome to my blog which follows 'Designs by Isis' handmade jewellery, interspersed with my life as a wife & mum of three young boys.



Tuesday 9 June 2009

Favourite Jewellery Books....

I've not got alot of time this week to be creative - need to organise a 2nd birthday for our youngest. But I do have to alter a bracelet that I made for my friend - it's a wee bit big, so need to adjust it for her. There it is (above) - turquoise with Swarovski crystals ... I was tidying up this morning & found my favourite jewellery books - the ones I love to flick through in a quiet moment. The Barbara Case book, 'It's all about the beads' was the first craft book that I bought & I still look at it often. It has some wonderful projects in it & gave me the confidence to think that I could maybe have a go. It's got great pictures & clear instrucions. My friend bought me the Linda Jones 'Wire & Beaded Jewellery' for my 40th this year and I love it. It's got some fantastic wirework projects in, something I'd like to have a go at. The final book - Beaders Bible by Dorothy Wood is another inspirational find. If you are thinking of treating yourself to some books then I can recommend all three.

No comments: